Sunday, May 16, 2010

The feel of cotton

Years ago when I first started to learn to sew I had just a small amount of fabric on hand. The textures the patterns and the designs kept me hooked on buying more.

I enjoy shopping for fabrics of all kinds and have a whole office full to show for my love and feel of cotton fabrics. It's having these wonderful fabrics at my fingertips that allows me to touch and envision something I can create that no one else has. It's putting pieces of fabric together to create something new, something made out of love, something someone else can use.

Fabric comes in all sizes, designs as well as textures. There is 100% cotton, organic cotton, fleece, soft cuddle minky, chenille, woven, and the list goes on and on.

It is recommended that before you start a new project that involves fabric that you wash your piece first. So read those labels on the side bolt of how to wash your fabric first prior to starting any sewing project.

Let me know of anything new you started to sew or your own love for fabrics. I would love to hear from you.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...