Friday, December 23, 2011

Speed with Wildblue


Learning New Things

Thanks for the guest post by Jo Levy
Since the whole internet craze started after I retired, I’m not very skilled with computers. Even though I worked as a professional, I never learned to use computers quite as well as I probably should have. I learned the very basics, but never really felt comfortable. Now that I have grandchildren that are getting older, they have started putting the pressure on me to get with the times and get a computer at home with Wildblue Internethttp://get.wildblue.com. They want to be able to email me since we don’t live close to each other, and there is a big time difference. It has been harder than I thought it would be to keep in touch over the phone. I would really like to keep in closer touch with all of the grandkids, so I’ve been considering it. I’ve started to go to the library to spend some time on the computer exploring websites and different things I would be able to do if I did decide to get a computer at home. So far it’s been really fun. There are some folks down there who have helped me learn the basics and set up my own email account. I’m starting to feel better about my skills, so maybe the kids will win this argument.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...